CALLING ALL GRADUATE STUDENTS!
We need GSC reps to sit on the UIC Senate for the 2016-2017 school year! There are ten student senate seats allocated to the Graduate Student Council, which we need to fill. In addition, there are student seats to be filled on the following UIC Senate Standing Committees:
* Senate Executive Committee: two open seats
* Budget, Planning and Priorities Committee: two open seats
* Senate Committee on Educational Policy: one open seat
* Research Committee: two open seats
* Student Recruitment, Admissions and Retention Committee: two open seats
* Student Affairs Committee: four open seats
* Student Academic Services Committee: two open seats
* External Relations and Public Service Committee: two open seats
* Support Services Committee: two open seats
Descriptions of the duties of each of the Senate Standing Committees is attached to the petition available at:
The Senate Bylaws and Constitution can been reviewed on the Senate web-site at: http://www.uic.edu/depts/senate/
We need at least 10 GSC reps to be a senator. If you are interested, please send me, Joanna Thompson at firstname.lastname@example.org your name, college, email address, and committee you are interested in serving on by April 15th. If you have any additional questions, please feel free to contact Elizabeth Dooley, Coordinator of the UIC Senate, at email@example.com or call at 312-996-2926.