The Image of Research Exhibit Competition
A picture is worth a thousand words…
The Graduate College and the University Library are pleased to announce UIC’s fifth annual interdisciplinary exhibit competition, The Image of Research. This is a multi-disciplinary competition open to any student enrolled in a graduate or professional degree program at UIC for the 2011-2012 academic year. Between November 14, 2011 and January 23, 2012, graduate and professional students are invited to submit an image with aesthetic appeal that the student created as part of her/his research.
A multi-disciplinary jury will review submissions and award prizes to the winning entries. Images will be judged on originality, relationship to the student’s research at UIC, and overall impact. An exhibit of the winners will be on display in the Richard J. Daley Library and the Library of Health Sciences. Winning entries will become part of the University Archives and will remain in an online gallery on the Graduate College website and in the Consortium of Academic and Research Libraries in Illinois (CARLI) database.
- 1st Prize: $500
- 2nd Prize: $300
- 3rd Prize: $200
- Honorable Mentions: $100
1. Only one entry per person or collaborative group.
2. Submission must be an image that was generated as part of the student’s research within their graduate program at UIC.
3. Entrant(s) must be principal creator(s) of image. Collaborative submissions are encouraged.
4. Submissions will be accepted beginning November 14, 2011 until January 23, 2012.
5. Entrants are responsible for ensuring that any relevant permissions have been sought, that no copyright has been infringed, and that any necessary release forms have been signed.
1. Download entry form, fill it out and save the Word document with a file name consisting of your last name and the name of your program with no spaces in between. E.g. JonesArtHistory.doc.
2. Select one image that you think provides the best visual documentation of your research, and save it with a file name consisting of your last name and the name of your program with no spaces in between. E.g. JonesArtHistory.tiff. This file must be in TIFF format at 300 PPI with the longest side of the image measuring at least 10.25 inches (or pixel dimensions of 3000 x 2300 pixels).
3. Send your completed entry form + image by uploading through this link.
Questions or comments can be emailed to imageofresearch<AT>uic<DOT>edu. Visit http://grad.uic.edu/image to see last year’s winning entries.